|Tiger Stadium Facts
- The facility opened in 1924 with an original seating capacity of
- Death Valley now seats 92,400 fans which makes it one of the
biggest venues in college football.
- Most of its football games are played at night when it is believed
to be at its most intimidating levels. The first night game held at
the venue was in 1931.
- Many surveys of fans and coaches have concluded that Tiger
Stadium is the toughest place to play in the country.
- The facility hosted the New Orleans Saints during the 2005
season after the Saints had been displaced by Hurricane Katrina.
- The Stadium uniquely sports "H" style goal posts, as opposed to
the more modern "Y" style used currently by other colleges